This module introduces students to the fundamental aspects of international trade theories, commercial policies, open economy macroeconomics, and the international monetary system. The module will examine both theoretical and contemporary policy issues in the international economy.
This module aims to give students:
1. an awareness of the pattern of world trade and the interdependence of national economies;
2. an understanding of the contemporary policy and institutional issues in the world trade and monetary systems;
3. a good knowledge of the causes of international trade and balance of payments problems;
4. a good understanding of exchange rate determination and alternative exchange rate systems.
In addition to the subject-specific aims, the module aims to enhance students’ writing, cognitive, analytical and presentation skills.
- Teacher: Dr Md Zahidul Islam