The services economy accounts for about three-quarters of GDP and employment in developed economies and it becomes essential for students to have an in-depth understanding of the subject of Services Marketing. In this module students are introduced to a range of services marketing concepts, models, techniques and online activities applicable to service organisations.
The module aims to:
• Provide an understanding of the theoretical foundations and practical application of services marketing in the private and public sectors
• Provide an understanding of contemporary issues in services marketing
• Enhance the transferability of students’ developing marketing competences across organisational, national and sector boundaries
• Develop students’ academic writing and communication skills, including oral presentation
• Promote students’ interpersonal skills, including working with others and encourage self-assessment and reflection